Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another not race event

'Tis with great pride that I can report Sirocco won TWO more pennants on Anzac Day, participating in the Diggers Cup....
We won 'Fastest' division 3 and 'Second' division 3 - actually if you think about that it doesn't make sense, how can one be fastest in division and come second - well, we were handicapped after the event, hence the second place pennant.
Between you and I, dear reader, what gives me the greatest pleasure is knowing that the racing keel boats really don't think cruisers can go fast - let's put this into perspective: from a field of 27 yachts, Sirocco finished in the top ten overall....not that we were racing in any way shape or form of course ;-)

Many thanks to Chris (bilge boy) Paul (trimmer) and Sue (most enthusiastic crew member) for their participation.

I am off on my adventures aboard Eaglehearts again in early May. Not sure if I'll get a sail in before then, but check back now and then for any news and/or posts from the Nor'west cape!

1 comment:

flysafe said...

I hope that all is well. Haven't seen any post from you lately. Looking forward for many more to come.

Chad