Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thank You!

Firstly, thanks to everyone who indulged me by visiting this blog - it's great to know that you share our interest! I have done a little more work on the set-up, and now you should be able to leave comments if you wish.
Sirocco now has a fully functioning chartplotter with GPS! When we get to grips with it, I'll be able to post the co-ordinates of where we've sailed here, and people can 'visit' using Google Earth.
Another step forward: we now know what all of those buttons are for on the nav panel ;-)
AND - I sat down with a length of rope and remembered how to splice - something I haven't done since my Gliding Club days, when I used to make weak-links for the tow ropes. After a couple of passable splices using good old silver-poly rope, I got too cocky and tried with nylon......after an hour, I felt like tying a noose with the stupid stuff and hanging myself....absolutely horrid stuff....I'm sticking to poly rope in future!
Australia Day weekend starts tomorrow, so we will have access to the ocean through the open bridge from 4.30 this afternoon right through to 7am Tuesday morning - this is Delta Tango 096 logging off....

No comments: