Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Books

As we can't go sailing until the weekend, I thought I'd list some of our favourite reading matter! Mostly they are about sailing of course, but they also tell a damn good yarn too and I can recommend them.
So, in no particular order:
Murder or Mutiny by Pamela Stevenson
Treasure Islands by Pamela Stevenson
Illustrated Longitude by Dava Sobel
Lats and Atts Magazine - monthly publication
Recreational Skippers Workbook - need to complete by April!
First Lady by Kay Cottee
Personally, I have just finished two autobiographies (non-sailing) first was Clarissa Dickson Wright (one of the two fat ladies) then Humble Pie by Gordon Ramsey, both very compelling with a similar thread, and am two thirds the way through a great book called Stargazing - Memoirs of a young lighthouse keeper, by Peter Hill.
I'll try to think of something else to put here before the weekend :) Bear with me, I'm new at this blog-thingy, although I have to say it's a lot easier than the old html personal websites!

No comments: