Saturday, February 2, 2008

Fremantle - almost

First sail on Sirocco with just Mike and I today. Almost 5 hours of sheer bliss, made it almost to the shipping channel at Freo, and really only came in because the wind died off, and we could see a front approaching (see, all that met. study we did during our gliding years DID come into play, after all!)

Today was an exercise in positive thinking - we set off telling each other "we can do this, we've done it before, we can do it now" and hey guess what, it worked - perfect sailing and we didn't even hit anything coming into our pen....all of which makes us sound like complete idiots, I know, but when it's your yacht and your investment and there are 50-odd people watching you come into the pen, what can I say, it all adds to the stress.

Ever wondered why your arms are always more tanned than your legs? Or is it just me? Got a really good chance to even the balance up today but all that's changed is I have arms the colour of tanned leather and pink knees...wonder if that fake tan stuff works...?

I think Mike should contribute to this blog - I am sure some of you would love to read technical stuff, so I plan to build him a corner so he can interact also.

'Till next time - fair winds

No comments: