Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday twilight

This evening we started earlier, which was a good plan and gave us longer on the water! Jeff and Dawn joined me and my trio of tame yacht rats (it's ok, they told me that's what they are) and we had a lovely sail in a southerly, jib only as it was a little brisk to begin with. Jeff has to be congratulated as he normally suffers horribly from sea sickness, but he did so well, and even helmed for a while (very well too, I must say), what a sterling effort - well done Jeff! I bullied Dawn into having a go on the helm too - and I think she did very well, but seemed quite relieved when someone else took over.

Yay! The chartplotter is back online - works perfectly - however, the latest problem is that the jib furler jammed on the way back - the sail is laying on the deck, tied to the life lines. I shall have to get down to the club early tomorrow and see if I can find someone to help fix it as I have a sail planned for Sunday morning.....time to find all those people who have said in the past "if you ever need a hand....."

A special coo-ee to Alan, who is flying home to Ireland on Sunday - thanks for all your help, company and anecdotes - bon voyage and you're welcome to crew on Sirocco anytime!

Here's a couple of photos of Dawn and Jeff - they look good, don't they? Obviously naturals at this sailing lark.....

No comments: