Friday, March 7, 2008

Pretty damn proud of myself :)

Well, this evening I finally bit my own personal bullet and took Sirocco out of the pen myself, went for a twilight sail, then put her back in the pen ! AND I didn't even hit anything - very slightly glanced off one of the poles coming back in, but so gently no one spilled their drink. Oh Yeah, felt pretty good.....the rocks were still there, and still scary, but I realised there's nothing to fear but fear itself.
Thanks to Bob, Alan and Andy for their encouragement and crewing and especially to Graham who had to virtually catch me when I jumped off to leave: there was a really high tide and my legs just a little too short to step off as I normally can - see, I told you the yacht club was full of nice, friendly, helpful people!

No comments: